As one term draws to a close, another one’s not far behind! Here’s some of what’s coming up in the Spring Term.
If you’re a final year undergraduate and thinking about applying for the York Award:
- download the form from www.york.ac.uk/careers/yorkaward (click on the Assessment page)
- attend the Applying for the York Award session on 17 or 24 January (book your place via the Interactive Careers Service)
- book a York Award appointment via the Interactive Careers Service and discuss your points claim or talk through the application process.
Application deadline: 5.00pm on 27 January 2012
Events this term
- Politics 21 February
- Life Sciences 1 March
- Publishing and journalism 6 March
- PGCE interviews 25 January
- Careers @… (in colleges) Week 6 (every lunch time except Weds)
- Career in medicine 15 February
- Taking time out 28 February
- CVs for scientists 7 March
Plus the usual range of skills courses, recruitment process workshops and YSIS training sessions.
Help with applications and interviews
The Spring Term is often a busy time for students making job and course applications and attending interviews. We can help with the whole recruitment process of:
- Assessment centres
- Aptitude tests.
We run workshops, courses and presentations about the different stages. We also have resources in the Information Room and on the website at www.york.ac.uk/careers/work.
Finally, if you need advice on any aspect of the process, come and speak to one of the Information Team at the enquiry desk in the Careers Service. If you have a more specific enquiry, book a careers appointment or book a CV review, if you want someone to look over your CV.
Whatever stage you’re at, whatever your year of study, check out how we can help by visiting www.york.ac.uk/careers or calling into the Careers Service near Campus Central car park.