It’s been a busy few weeks in the Careers Service and we thought we’d update you on what’s been happening so far this term:
- Our main networking event this term focused on Advertising, Marketing and PR – and attracted nearly 120 students
- We are currently interviewing over 300 students for the York Award
- Over 200 students are volunteering in local schools with York Students in Schools project
- Around 150 students are training to take part in departmental volunteering projects
- Thousands of vacancies have been advertised – including part time work, graduate jobs and internships
- We have run a series of careers sessions in departments across the University and offered over 20 workshops and skills courses to all students
- We have offered over 150 one-to-one appointments
- We launched our Enterprise Internships, as well as the Entrepreneurs’ Boot Camp, both of which have attracted keen interest from students
- We have developed a brand new career mentoring scheme
- We have added more profiles to our graduate profiles system, giving you direct access to hundreds of alumni working in many professions
These are just some of the things we’ve been involved in in the first few weeks of term – there’s lots more to come.
If you need any help using any part of our service please just call in to speak to a member of staff. We’re looking forward to the next few weeks – we hope you are too!