Aviva, the UK’s second largest insurer, is running an insight day for 10 second and final year Computer Science students on 18 June.
The day aims to equip you with the knowledge to ready you for your career in IT. It will also provide opportunities for work experience/work shadowing and coaching on how to make it into a graduate job in this ultra-competitive sector.
Throughout the course of the day, students will:
- Get an overview of issues currently affecting the industry and how integral IT is to solving them
- Have a chance to see a range of exciting projects that Aviva’s IT teams have been working on ranging from technological innovation to application development
- Spend time work shadowing IT professionals and former graduates around the company
- Hear some real insights about life in the industry from recent graduates
- Participate in a mock-graduate job assessment, so you’ll know what to expect from any graduate programmes that you decide apply to
- Receive coaching, tips and other advice on how to approach a graduate assessment process for when you find yourself attending one.
We’re really excited to be able to offer this as a helping-hand for students who will soon enter the difficult graduate job market and are looking forward to welcoming you to the event!
Sign up now via the Interactive Careers Service at: www.york.ac.uk/careers/ics