Monday’s advice: Make sure you have a great CV.
It might sound quite basic, but you’d be surprised how many candidates miss out on jobs purely because their CV isn’t up to scratch. You might have the experience and the skills, but can you put them onto paper? If you’re not highlighting them in the best way, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. Your CV is there to help you shine and stand out, so make the most of those couple of pages. We’ve put together a list of resources that can help you make sure your CV sparkles.
Someone like you
Rachel – 3rd year Politics with International Relations
What do you want to do after graduation?
To get a place on a graduate scheme in London
What have you done during your time at York to help you achieve that?
- Discussed career plans with my Academic supervisor
- Applied for Summer internships
- Completed an internship in a London consulting firm
- Researched and begun applying to firms
- Attended University Careers Fair for Management and made some contacts who gave me tips for interviews and psychometric tests
- Attended the Careers Assessment Centre Activity Afternoon to prepare for the final stages of the recruitment process
We’ve also put together a handy ‘hints and tips for final year students‘ flyer to help you think about what to consider in your final year at university.
Would you like to chat to someone but don’t think you need an appointment?
You can speak to our Brand Ambassadors on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday week 9 in the library foyer for information and advice.
Want to be in with a chance of winning a Christmas hamper?! Follow this link to our quick quiz to enter the draw, with the winner to be announced in week 10!