Latest news from Careers
Paid local internships while you study – apply now!
Our Student Internship Bureau (SIB) has term time internships exclusively available to York students.
- Website Testing Internship, Free UK Genealogy: closing date: Thursday, 14th January 2016
- Climate Change Peatlands Internship, Environment Department – Thursday, 14th January
- Industry Interaction Project, Research Innovation Office – Sunday, 17th January
- Intellectual Property Marketing Internship, Research Innovation Office – Sunday, 17th January
- Social Policy and Communications Internship, Two Ridings Community Foundation – Monday, 18th January
- Archivist Internship, Shepherd Group – Wednesday, 20th January
To see all SIB opportunities currently advertising log in to the Careers Gateway, www.york.ac.uk/careers/gateway and click ‘Exclusive Opportunities @York’ tab on your dashboard!
Exciting enterprise opportunities for Spring term
We’ve got lots of opportunities for you this term, here is an overview of what’s coming up;
Week 4 – 29th, 30th & 31st Jan – University of York Game Jam
Week 6 – 11th Feb – Plan ENVY Workshop – Idea Generation
Week 7 – 18th Feb – Plan ENVY Workshop – Marketing
Week 8 – 25th Feb – Plan ENVY event with Virgin Start Up – Ideas to Reality
Week 9 – 3rd Mar – Plan ENVY Workshop – Finance
On top of this, applications will be opening for our Freelance Challenge and Plan ENVY competitions, and we’ll have another 2 rounds of applications for our Proof of Concept fund.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you start your business, email email@example.com, or call 01904 32 3358. We’d love to hear from you!
Paid summer work this summer
Looking for paid work experience this summer? Don’t miss this exciting opportunity – on Friday our Student Management Group drop-in will be joined by Becca from the National Citizen Service (NCS) to provide helpful information and advice about how to get involved in paid summer work experience with young people – Friday 15th January, 11:45 – 13:15, SMG Area in Careers. Everyone welcome!
Dates for your diary – don’t miss these!
2 February – Internships & work experience fair. A chance to meet employers and organisations, get ideas for summer internships, and have your CV reviewed. More details to follow at our What’s on page.
23 February – Working in… Advertising, marketing & PR / Health / Criminal justice. Find out what’s it like to work in these sectors by meeting York alumni and professionals. More info soon on the What’s on page.
You must be logged in to post a comment.