Check out events for the week ahead. More at www.york.ac.uk/careers/events
- Assessment Centres with Teach First, Mon 8 Feb (Week 6), 5:30-6:30pm, P/T/005 (Physics)
A session to help you understand what is involved in a Teach First assessment centre, and have a go at some of the activities.
Limited places, book via Eventbrite: https://assessmentcentreworkshop.eventbrite.co.uk
- Social Entrepreneur, Mon 8 Feb (Week 6), 4:00-6:00pm (Book online)
This course aims to develop your understanding of the voluntary and not-for-profit sectors and examines what skills are needed to manage and lead within them.
- The Law of Ideas, Wed 10 Feb (Week 6), 1:30-4:30pm (Book online)
How can inventions or creative effort be protected by law? Delivered by leading firm DLA Piper, this course provides an introduction to the concept of intellectual property and some of the fundamental rights that are protected.
- Plan Envy-Idea generation: generating innovative business ideas, Thu 11 Feb (Week 6), 5:00-7:00pm, P/T/005 (Physics)
Workshops and talks
- Working in the Voluntary Sector, Wed 10 Feb, 1:00-2:00pm, B/B/006
This session will help you understand where there are paid opportunities in the sector versus voluntary positions, how you access jobs, and introduce how you can build relevant experience while you are still at university.
- Inspiring Women in Business and Technology, Wed 10 Feb (Week 6), 6:00-8:00pm, P/T/006 (Physics)
Careers drop in – Tue 9 Feb, 11:00-12:00, D/M/212 (Derwent)
Careers Consultant appointments – Tue 9 Feb, 11:00-1:00pm, Careers
- Social Sciences
Careers Consultant appointments –Wed 10 Feb, 10:30-11:30, Careers (Book online)
Careers Consultant appointments – Thu 11 Feb, 11:30 – 2:00pm, LMB/127 (Book online)
- Social & Political Sciences
Enhancing your employability– Thu 11 Feb, 4:00-5:00pm, W/N/243
You must be logged in to post a comment.