Latest news from Careers
Work Experience Bursary
If you have secured work experience during the summer but need help with costs, check out our Work Experience Bursary – up to £800 per student available.
Win with Enterprise!
- Lots of exciting enterprise news – Plan ENVY, Freelance Challenge and Enterprise Internship are all now open for applications.
- Money Matters: The Financial fundamentals of starting up, Thursday 3 March, (Week 9), P/T/005, 17.00 – 19.00
Postgraduate student support
Careers and Wentworth College have joined forces to offer support to all postgraduates through a series of careers workshops called “Operation: Get a job”
The first session in the series starts Thursday 25 February (13:00-14:30, W/135) and looks at Job Hunting strategies – where to look and when. We will look at some career planning techniques to support the exploration of career ideas, plus lots of practical tips on how and where to search including the use of social media.
Session 2 will look at how to build a top CV. Find out more on the Facebook page for this programme.
You can find lots of great resources to support you in undertaking part time work during your studies on the NASES website:
- Be Safe When Applying for Jobs
- Interview Skills – Practical Tips
- Job Etiquette Tips
- Working Abroad
- Useful guidance on Internship and Volunteer Placements