- want to use your summer vacation to get some top-notch work experience?
- fancy making a difference to an organisation you work for?
- want to experience working in a particular sector or role?
- need something tangible for your CV?
- want to stay in the York area over summer?
If it’s ‘yes’ to any or all of the above, then be on the alert, because from 1 April, the Student Internship Bureau will be starting to advertise this summer’s internships. They’ll be advertised on Careers Gateway, under the ‘Exclusive opportunities @York’ tab.
Past internships have included:
- Social media with the University marketing team
- IT at Network Rail
- Film making for the North York Moors
- Business marketing at Sinclair Properties
- Digital marketing with the Department of Theatre, Film and Television
Read about these and others under the Sharing Success tab.
SIB works with local businesses to set up paid, project-based internships, lasting between 6 – 12 weeks. While you’re working for a particular employer or University department, SIB manages all the necessary paperwork with you.
As part of the internship you’ll keep a learning journal of your experiences, the tasks you’re undertaking and the skills you’re developing. At the end of the role, you’ll write a report or produce a short video about your internship experience. Interns’ reports/videos are judged and a cash prize is awarded for the best one.
So, keep an eye out for the latest opportunities on Careers Gateway and be sure to follow our tips and advice on making applications to SIB roles.